How do I file an age discrimination claim and what information must I furnish?

Related Ads


How do I file age discrimination claims and what information must I furnish?



An individual may file a discrimination charge based on age at any Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) office to start EEOC cases.  You may contact the nearest office by dialing 1-800-669-6820 (TTY) or 1-800-669-4000 (voice) or check under U.S. Government listings in the phone directory.  The EEOC field office offers print materials in a user-friendly format as well as sign language interpreters, among other accommodations to individuals with a disability.  The petitioner must provide the following information:

(1) His or her name, phone number, and address;

(2) The phone number, address and name of the employment agency, employer, or union that he or she charges engaged in discrimination, as well as the number of union members or employees (if such information is available);

(3) A brief summary of the violation being alleged; and

(4) The date(s) of the alleged discriminatory practice.